The epitaph (a sign of the Seljuk rule) refers to the period of Abu Sa’id Barsag-e-Kabir from the Imam of Sultan Mahmud-e-Seljuk, and was written about 513 AH and the purpose was to inform the people of the orders and rules of government to the people.
The stone inscription is located in the southeast of Khoram Abad Road to Khouzestan on Shariati Street in Khorramabad.
This epitaph which earlier people in the local language called “Bard” wrote in Farsi and Kofi script and written on a large stone and begins with Basmalah.
The monument is a rocky monument with a height of three and a half meters, in fact, a huge rock that has been cut into a rectangular cube.
The corners of this stone are aligned with the lateral directions. The text of this work has been drawn into the Kufic line at its four levels, so that it can be seen from four directions. Of course, the text of the silver on each surface of the rectangle does not repeat the text of the other levels, and in fact the entire text contains a four-page text that begins from the southeast and ends up to the north-east.
In this inscription, one of the Seljuk rulers named Amir Esfahsalar Kabir, Zahir al-Din and Al-Dawlah, Mu’in al-Islam, Tugril Lekin Abu Sa’id, has written the following sentences in it:
۱ Prohibition of wearing silk dress
۲- Allow grassland to ranchers.
The selection of the place for the construction of this work has been carefully selected. This point, which is located right next to Tehran-Khuzestan transit route, was also a strategic point of communication.
So that anyone who wants to travel from the area of Iran’s plateau to Iraq should definitely cross the Strait.
ThThe text that begins at the beginning of the southeast and steers the four lateral surfaces of the column is made up of a simple Kofi’s line.
The construction of the fortified military stronghold of Falak-ol-Aflak, Khorramabad, less than 1000 meters away from this stone at the time of the Sassanian period, also confirms this issue at the time. Khorramabad’s Nangarab was first published in 1334 by the Ministry of Culture and Arts No. 398 in the National Iranian Book List It was registered.